Αrchitect-urban planner and historian of urban planning. Born in Athens in 1933. He graduated from the National Technical University of Athens (1956). Postgraduate training in Urban Planning in Paris. PhD in Engineering at the Charlottenburg Technical University of Berlin (1972). Professor of the History of Urban Planning at the “Raymond Lemaire” postgraduate center of the University of Lebanon (1975–1985). Visiting professor at the Polytechnic Schools of Stuttgart (1981–1982), Munich (1996–1997) and Heidelberg (2003–2004). Member of the Council of Historical Landscapes and Cities of the Council of Europe (1974–1977). Expert of UNESCO and HABITAT Center for the preservation of historic cities. He has completed important urban-spatial planning studies for Chios (1968), the island complex of Mykonos, Delos and Rhenia (1973–1974) and the old town of Chania (1978). He is a specialized researcher in matters of protection and regeneration of historic cities. Internationally recognized as a scholar for the urban history of modern Athens. Honorary Doctor in the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Athens (1998). Author of 34 monographs in Greek, French, English and German language, and of more than 105 articles focusing on the history of urban planning and the protection of the human and natural environment.